Thursday, March 5, 2009

Atlatl


Folks.

I received this email below from an atlatl expert yesterday after I had a nice conversation with him about the weapon. As I am sure you will remember, Binnemma discusses at length in his book the technology of the atlatl. Chad was nice enough to share some great links in his email to sites about the atlatl, including some video. Its definitely worth a gander. Thanks Chad!

Here are a few Atlatl links for you. By far the best think to do is to check out their "Links" pages as well; but here are some of the best ones:

Coaching/Throwing with the Atlatl by John Whittaker

The Northern Plains Atlatl Association . This one's got lots of great links.

I believe this is where I first read/saw about the atlatl designs at Jeffers Petroglyphs.
The World Atlatl Association .

Slow motion video of Atlatl Bob Perkins throwing

http://www.atlatl.com/dartslomo1.html

Here's a longer video of Bob explaining/demonstrating all things Atlatl.

If you'd like a little bigger video, I've got some footage of myself and some others throwing that made be usable. I can get you more information about that if you are interested.


-- Chad W Landsman
Lab & Collections Manager
Anthropology Laboratory

Luther College 700 College Drive
Decorah, IA 52101
(563)387-2156

No comments:

Post a Comment