Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tuesday's Class

Picture: Painting by Grant Wood, famous regionalist Great Plains artist who resided and worked in Iowa City, Iowa.

Folks.

On Tuesday I will give your groups 30-40 minutes to work on your presentations for Thursday. Your first group project and today's lecture on writing will hopefully have prepared you better to succeed with this assignment. Pay close attention to what I had to say today, because I will expect more from these group presentations than I did from the first ones. While I want each group to feel free to try different ideas, at the most basic level I expect a compelling introduction to your topic, a detailed overview of the subject and Manning's use of it in Grasslands and finally, a conclusion of sorts. I would recommend preparing a powerpoint or using some other form of media, so if you have a laptop it may be wise to bring one to class on Tuesday. You may also want to get ahold of your other group members via email or facebook this weekend to coordinate some research for your topic.

Have Grassland finished by Tuesday.

Take care this weekend.

Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment